The home/workshop of Enrica Borghi and Davide Vanotti is in the heart of Ameno, a baroque hamlet which looks out across the plain and Lake Orta. For several decades the halls of the ground floor and courtyard were part of the kindergarten of Ameno until the beginning of 1900, when the building was donated to the community by Clotilde, the last heir of the Gattoni Pernati family.
The property is arranged in a horseshoe around a paved courtyard, which is enclosed by a wall of plants. The windows frame the soft landscape of the hills.
The veranda, opening out through a series of arches and columns, is where guests are welcomed and joins up with the cultural life of the house. While staying here guests can enjoy the common areas and also participate in programmed activities.